The 2014 Nutmeg nominees will be announced on Wednesday, May 15th. This year there is a new category! In addition to the Teen nominees (grades 7-8) there will be High School nominees (grades 9-12).
What was your favorite Nutmeg book this year??
What did you think of the story?
Thursday, December 6th, 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Collins Room
Wallingford authors Suriani Hostetler, Peter Jacunski and his daughters: Gabrielle, 13 and Kayla, 15 will be presenting their books and thoughts on the process of becoming an author. The family has written two fantasy books together, Blythe and One World. Learn about the writing, publishing, and promoting process as well as what it is like to write a book together as a family. Book content is appropriate for ages 10 and up. Whether you are fans of the book or an aspiring author yourself, come and join us for a fun filled evening.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman
- Abandon by Meg Cabot
Happy Banned Books Week!! Celebrate your freedom to read by checking out a book that some think you should not be able to. If you click on the picture above it will bring you to a map of the United States and the book challenges from 2007-2011. What are you waiting for?? Go read a banned book!!
What did you read?
Voting is now open for YALSA's 2012 teens Top Ten!
Which are your favorites this year?
had so much fun at our last altered books workshop- we are doing it again! Join us on Wednesday, June 27th from 2:00-4:00 and transform old books into your own personal
story by painting, stamping, decoupage, tearing, cutting, and gluing! All materials will be provided though you may
want to bring photos or mementos from home to personalize your piece. These recycled books are a great way to explore
your creativity and create a lasting work of art. They make great gifts and scrapbooks! Join other teens in a relaxed, fun
environment. Here are some pictures of the creations from our May workshop. Please
register in advance for this workshop. Hope to see you there!
- The Accidental Genius of Weasel High by Rick Detorie
- After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick
- Bruiser by Neal Shusterman
- Evolution, Me and Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande
- The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman
- A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
- The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
- Trash by Andy Mulligan
Stop by the Teen Area today and grab one of the selections! Next year a new high school category will be added!
What do you think of the nominees??
1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
2. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
3. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
4. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
5. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
6. Matched by Ally Condie
7. Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson
8. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
10. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer